Being Prepared for Your Broker’s Open
So you got a new listing, and you are ready to introduce it to your local Brokers, Agents, Realtors, and perhaps even invite the public to take a look. Hosting a Brokers Open doesn’t have to be hard, if you have the right tools. Below is a list of the top five (5) items you need to have on hand to have a successful Brokers Open in real estate.
- Directional Signs would be a great first pick. Yes, I know that I lot of Realtors neglect to use them, but they are super helpful if you are hosting a Brokers Open. First, they help your fellow real estate professionals to find the house. You can’t expect that every Realtor knows where they are going, even if you think that they should. Second, if you are inviting the public, or the neighbors, it helps them find the house too. Also, a bonus if used wisely, they help advertise to the neighbors that there is a house for sale in the neighborhood, and how you go over-and-above to get your listings sold. A great way to get future listings.
- Balloons are also nice to have, especially on the sunnier/drier days. They bring attention to the directional signs, and make people feel welcome. Have varied styles or colors when you can, just to make your listing really stand out.
- Having a Guest Registry is vital. It’s a great way to keep the home secure, plus it gives you a list of agents who showed up, so you can let your sellers know how well your Brokers Open was attended. An added bonus, and one that not many Realtors do, is instead of just handing out a sheet asking for comments about the home, use the registry, and call or text the visiting agent later that same day, asking for feedback. You can also ask for their professional opinion about pricing, or suggestions to help it sell quicker. Also, it’s always more flattering to be asked this way, then a silly form.
- Catering Trays, Tongues, etc. are crucial if you are going to have any kind of food, or drink. Sure you can have the event catered, and I know myself I have done so on many occasions, and with success. However if you are on a budget, or love to try out your cooking skills, and enjoy cooking for others, then self-catering is the way to go. Save money and buy catering items in advance when the budget allows, then use over-and-over again.
- An item that a lot of agents forget about, but that would be nice to have is a small hand-held vacuum. If you serving food and drink, rather than dragging out your clients equipment, which can be troublesome, and embarrassing, why not have a small hand-held for quick touch-ups. You can even use it at the entry too, where leaves and grass may be dragged into the home, through the entry. Show your client you really care, by leaving their home as pristine as it was when you arrived.
Do you have some suggestions, or items that you think are a must that we have missed, to host an incredible Brokers Open House? Post them below in the comments section, and share them with your fellow professionals.
Some of the links above will take you to Amazon through my Affiliate account, and though I may get a small fee for most items you may buy, you still get the same great pricing from Amazon. The fee just offsets the cost of my website. I thank you in advance for shopping, bookmarking this site, and shopping using my links often.